Monday, February 11, 2008

Missed Connections

No, this is not the funnest part of craigslist. This is an account of my weekend. Friday was a good day and was marked early on by herraduras, Mexican cheesecake for Estrella's birthday and a slammin' workday. What got me through that workday were daydreams of fresh powder, cozy times in the Mt. Baker lodge, and generally an easy-going weekend holiday. First I stopped at Sno Con on Alaskan to pick up some last minute gear. Turns out they don't rent gear anymore there. So, I fought Obama rally traffic across town and stopped by Whole Paycheck to get some champagne and goodies for the Fauxes' cabin. I parked about a block away. I walked akwardly with a full bag of wine and beer back to my car. Before I went into shop I thought to myself, yah, I'll keep it simple and just take my wallet instead of my big ass purse and I'll stick it in my pocket. It's small. It'll fit. So. I did. Bad decision #1. So I happily jot along my way to the OTHER Sno Con behind REI. I get out of my car and reach sheepishly down towards my pocket. Hmmmmm, no sign of smallish wallet. Stay calm. I retraced my steps back to where I parked in South Lake Union praying that it would lying there in the rain looking sad and lonely on the street where my car once was. No such luck. Frantically, I approached about every business around the area inquiring about my MIA wallet. Recognition: my wallet is dead to me. Must move on. I called US Bank and reported my card as lost. Lightbulb moment: I remembered that my bank had sent me an extra card that I never activated and I left it in the console of my car. Miracle #1: My bank was able to activate that card and I was back in business. I got to Sno Con in the nick of time, rented Carey's boots, got a free stomp pad (which Morgan told me I don't need) and I was makin' tracks. Oh, just past Mt. Vernon I became privy to the knowledge that the Mt. Baker Highway was closed at milepost 35. I was suspect, but I thought to myself that there was a chance that it would re-open in time for our morning descent. First night at the Faux cabin was low key and most filled with chit chat. Except for I decided to guzzle a bottle of wine and then harassed Carey and Brianna into going into the hot tub. Of course Carey was the first one naked and we peeled back the cover to hot tub and it was steaming and looked really enticing. Carey dipped her foot in the water and promptly removed it as the "hot" tub was more of a "tepid" tub. We resolved to go to bed and get up in the morning and hope the Mt. was open. No dice. But Saturday was still uber fun. Shug wore this shirt covered with penises and ladies playing with them. I couldn't take my eyes away. The Bollens and Morgan came up. Morgan is missing his front teeth and has blue hair. We went into town to take in all of the forlorn skiers and snowboarders drowning their sorrows at Grahams. We almost got into fisticuffs over table placement. Actually, we didn't even come close but people were bickering at eachother all around us. It was quite comical. Now that I think about it, all I really did was eat and drink and be merry on Saturday. Not bad. I procrastinated going home. I didn't leave until 12am and drove all the way back to Seattle, bleary-eyed and running through content for my exam that I had at 9AM sharp on Sunday. Got to bed at 3:30AM. Got up at 7:30AM. Went to school. Miracle #2: I killed my final. My instructor told me that my body wrap was beautiful. I wanted to go home and curl up with my dog and sleep endlessly. But I didn't. After school I went to meet up with all the lady estheticians of Helle. I am actually doing this. I got my business license. I start taking clients in May. I crashed hard on Sunday night. And that brings me to Monday. Whoo. Game on.

1 comment:

juiceboxjuicebox said...

Wow! My camera is dead to me. Pretty sweet, in a way. It's sorta like the Growing Pains theme song: "It's a love that starts by letting go".

Good job blogging. That's a bunch of letters. Now make everyone else do it.