Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Theo Chocolates

There comes a day when you've been living in the same city for a while that you feel like you've done and seen all the city has to offer. While a couple friends were visiting from Boston over the weekend, I was overjoyed to turn over a new rock: Theo chocolates. Yes, I had seen it on the shelves of fancy grocery stores and I had tried the 3400 Phinney chocolate bars but good heavens to betsy...I had never blessed my mouth with the supreme goodness of their truffles. Eric was in town sampling lines to carry at Whole Foods back in New England and took the factory tour and came home with quite the sampler tray. My very favorite was the PB&J chocolate. Literally, imagine a little tiny sandwich. The bread is made up of heavenly dark chocolate. The inside is a delicious combination of fruity jelly and peanut butter. Hard to fathom that a little choclate runs more than $2 a piece, but it is totally worth it. Might I also suggest the 12-piece box set:

12 Piece Collection Box: 12 confections, includes packaged box, $24.00
This collection offers our full original line, full of unique and fresh flavors. Flavors: burnt sugar, lemon, pb&j, fig fennel, mint, Ivory Coast, ginger, coffee, Earl Grey, vanilla, scotch, peanut butter.

My personal faves were the burnt sugar, scotch and of course pb&j.

Who wants to take a tour of the factory with me? And then gorge ourselves with ridiculously scrumptious cocoa divinities?

No comments: