Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bottom Heavy Funk


The name of this dance class offered at Velocity Dance Studio might call to mind funk music with a proclivity towards low end bass or perhaps a group of apple-bottomed ladies grinding around to Parliament. I have wanted to go this class for years and I don't know why I haven't made it before now. Maybe because I feel like I need to dance some shit out right now worse than ever. I arrived with my posse (Tmac and Brianna) in pink shiny tights and the will to make it through the 1.5 hour class with my pride intact. At times the footwork made me feel as if I had two left feet but I was workin' it all the same. There was no air of pretention and mostly it seemed like everyone's aim was to cut loose and have a good time. Might I also deny allegations suggesting that I am cyber-stalking the instructor (even though it's true that I have developed a serious girl crush.)I just think her moves are ill'n. She kind of dances a little bit like my friend Joshua and also reminds me of the youtube video of that Irish girl that dances to Daft Punk. I think she is one of those people that just inspires others to move. I am giving one big genuflection to Amy O'Neal. She is rad. I know what I'm gonna be doin' on Tuesday nights.

1 comment:

lady3jane said...

I'm so glad you went! It sounds awesome. You'll have to stop by the studio and show B and me your new moves ;)