Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Progress

As I was lolligagging around Providencia yesterday, Shannon called me on my hand-me-down cell phone and told me that they needed my help at work. They are in the process of recording instructional DVD'S to help non-english speaking teachers teach english. Shannon asked me to come down because they needed another native english speaker to record their voice on a DVD. The only problem was the voice was that of a 10 yr. old. Naomes...your voiceover work inspired me and I jumped on the metro and made my way over to Universidad de Sant Tomas. I was fetched by someone and taken down into the depths of the building. There I sat around a table with Shannon, Patchy and friends and read lines from a script.

After work, Paichy and Shannon took me to do my first touristy thing. We went through La Moneda where the Chilean president, Michelle Bachelet, resides. They are very serious there. In fact for all the partying Chileans do, they have an impressively austere infrastructure. A distinctly female presence is felt within the Moneda and many of the security guards are females. And their uniforms are HOT. I, of course, got in trouble for putting my hand in the fountain. You can't take me anywhere without getting in a little trouble. This picture of me and Shannon definitely is indicative of my mood, however. I am not even joking when I say that I have a rash on my face from people kissing me on the cheeks when they meet me. Just a little contact dermatitis is all. But it itches like crazy and I yearn for all my dermatological goodies back home.

Today we leave at 7:30 PM for Buenos Aires and from the way people make it sound, we are in for a rockin' good time.

No comments: