Friday, April 18, 2008

Recollections


Remember the days when I had long hair? I miss those days.
So, it has come to my attention that some of my friends are disappointed that I didn't blog about my fabulous trip to Mt. Bachelor and it's environs. HUGE OVERSIGHT. I apologize.

Oh, Mt. Bachelor let me count the ways I love thee. You gave me thigh-high fresh powder, glistening sunshiney days, glorious untracked terrain. I got so caught up in you that I literally needed a shovel to dig myself out. I never have known a mountain like you and I love that you are a challenge to me. I wish you were not so distant and difficult to reach. But you have set the bar for my future relationships with other mountains. I have no regrets.

Thank you to all my peeps in tow: Andreas, Joshua, Damon, Brent, Dustin, Briar, Abe and mostly to the Rinz for organizing this getaway.

And yes, I refuse to use the word "epic" in this text. In fact, I am boycotting that word.

My re-entry into America has been a fairly rocky one. One death of a friend, one unplanned pregnancy, one favorite cat who almost died while I was away...for starters. Maybe it's me being escapist but can I crawl back under the South American rock from whence I came?

No comments: